Note: Prior Years refers to the years 1950 – 2012, the years of the most accurate tornado data. May 31 tornado fatalities could be increased. The tally we use is currently 9, which may be too low. The tally is currently at 19, according to NBC News, but some of these fatalities may be due to flooding rather than tornadoes. The Storm Prediction Center is explicit about using deaths caused only by tornadoes in its data rather than deaths caused by flooding, so we are being cautious in keeping the May 31 death toll at 9 for the time being. Tornado statistics are in beta and are subject to change.
- AnalysisWire on Summer Hiatus
- 2013 Tornado Fatalities Update: Mercifully Slow Summer
- 2013 Tornado Fatalities Update: No Official Increase in Fatalities
- 2013 Tornado Fatalities Update: No Official Increase in Fatalities, but 2 Possible Fatalities
- 2013 Tornado Fatalities Update: Likely South Dakota Tornado Fatality
El Reno, Okla., Torn… on El Reno, OK Tornado Dramatical… Dhaka Factory Collap… on UPDATE: Boston Marathon Traged… Boston Marathon Trag… on UPDATE: Boston Marathon Traged… UPDATE: Boston Marat… on Boston Marathon Tragedy: Final…